ix86 thread.esp0

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 19:29:10 EST

I'm trying to make sense of the ix86 thread.esp0 field (not tss.esp0).
AFAICT thread.esp0 is only set in two places

arch/i386/kernel/vm86 to &VM86_TSS_ESP0
arch/i386/kernel/process to &childregs+1

threads.esp0 is saved and restored in vm86.c and copied from thread to
tss.esp0 in setup.c. I can find nowhere that threads.esp0 is set apart
from those places.

What is threads.esp0 used for? And why is it only set in two places,
in particular why is it not set during task switching, the way
threads.esp is set?