IBM to release Logical Volume Management Technology to the Linux Community

From: Miles Lane (miles@speakeasy.org)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 01:19:01 EST

I'm curious whether this development has been discussed by the Linux
Kernel development community. Are folks in the Linux Kernel community
already working closely with IBM on planning how and when this new IBM
code release will be merged into the kernel tree?
I have read some of the white paper. It appears that the code involves
both userspace and kernelspace code. My brief examination of the white
paper leads me to believe that porting the code will be a major
endeavor.

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux/whitepapers/lvm/white_paper2.htm

All the best,
        Miles