Re: Undefined references to 'memcpy' when compiling Linux Kernel

From: H . J . Lu (hjl@lucon.org)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 17:53:48 EST

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 06:38:23PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
> >
> > Use struct_copy...
>
> oops, make that struct_cpy...

We have to make sure mem functions won't be generated by gcc anywhere
in the ia32 kernel. Otherwise, it will be hard to get modules to work
with symbol versioning since gcc generates those calls after C
preprocessing. Or we can export those mem functions from kernel
unversioned regardless if symbol versioning is enabled or not.

It will be really nice for gcc to inline them like all the previous
versions and/or have a flag to force gcc to issue a warning when mem
functions are generated.

H.J.