undo remap_page_range

From: Jan Evert van Grootheest (janevg@nikhef.nl)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 09:27:02 EST

Hello all,

After looking through various files in the kernel, I have not been able
to find an answer to this question, so I come to you all for help.

There are some pages allocated through get_free_pages and their
PG_reserved bits have been set. A user space application has mmap-ed the
driver and these pages are mmap-ed there using remap_page_range.
When the app close the driver, the PG_reserved bits are reset and the
pages freed. But the mapping still exists! This is seen next time the
driver is opened, forget_pte reports: old mapping existed!

What is the proper way to deal with this? or differently, how do I undo
the effects of remap_page_range?

Please CC me when replying.
Thanks,
Jan Evert