Re: Semi up to date JOBS list

From: Aki M Laukkanen (amlaukka@cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 08:16:51 EST

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > ACPI/APM suspend issue - IDE related stuff ?
>
> It seems like any driver which doesn't support PM, and undergoes
> suspend, might return to the working world malfunctioning, or simply not
> at all

Seen here on a Toshiba laptop with sound (ad1848), pcmcia, usb-ohci (nec),
to some extent with graphics (ct65554). I have no IrDA devices but do not
expect it to survive either. XFree driver works around the problems
by rewriting some suspect registers at every possible turn. So basically
almost everything that can go wrong, does go wrong. I have a patch for
ad1848, could make one for sb and maybe look at pcmcia. But are these
patches accepted? I got no response from Alan.

--
D.