WQ bug in SMP 2.3.99pre8, pre9-1

From: Yuri Pudgorodsky (yur@asplinux.ru)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 11:04:33 EST

Hi!

On SMP 2.3.99pre8, pre9-1, with and without classzone-28
I got instant repeatable WQ bug msg looping forever:

"bad magic 8bc9 (should be 400d4544) WQ bug, forcing oops."

Unfortunately, no oopses are actually generated: it just loops
printing the above message multiple times, then freezes.

Trigger condition: SMP kernel, remote login to another machine via openssh,
when run Midnight Commander on the remote end.

Interesting, doing other heavy console activity does not trigger a bug:
right now I found only mc (did not try other slang applications, however).

How can I really force oops to track this down?

thanks,
Yuri Pudgorodsky <yur@asplinux.ru>