Re: IDE problems in 2.2.15

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 05:15:26 EST

> At any rate, I haven't noticed any K6-related problems (the big symptom
> according to the websites on the topic are random GCC crashes.) I doubt
> the K6 bug would be causing misbehavior on the IDE bus....

The K6 bugs are memory/cache related ones when doing self modifying code
(signal returns in this case) in just the wrong conditions. Its obscure
and weird which is I asusme why it escaped AMD's testing initially.

They shouldnt affect the IDE at all. However it is common for a box like
that to have VIA VP2/VP3 IDE, and that is definitely broken in 2.3.99pre*
right now for some setups. Very broken.