Filtered Bridging?

From: Chris Gill (chris@grass.org)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 10:31:20 EST

I'm working in an application where I need to filter parts of a network
from itself, and I can't subnet the network. Essentailly, I need a
filtered bridge. I've tried using briding along with the ipchains
facility, but, as I've discovered, they're independent and have no effect
on each other. Is there a kernel patch that will change this, or some
other method to accomplish filtering on a bridge?

-< Christopher P. Gill >-< Senator, Class of 2002>-< chris@grass.org >-
-<"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by >-
<men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding" Justice Brandeis>
---< "Excuse me, I'm in the middle of fifteen things...all of them >---
-----< annoying" Ivanova, Midnight on the Firing Line, Babylon 5 >-----