Re: Historical Archive

From: Andries Brouwer (aeb@veritas.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 18:43:09 EST

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 08:38:56AM +0200, Hans-Joachim Baader wrote:

> >Ted, your mail-archives are incomplete: in linux-activists/Volume6
> >you have digests 200-298 and 365-371, and there are no 299-364.
> >
> >Digest 298 is about Fri, 8 Oct 93, while Alan's stuff starts
> >Wed, 13 Oct 1993. So, a few days are missing.
>
> I probably have them all on some old CDs.

Please check! Are these your private backup files?
This gap in the tsx-11 archives is old.

> >PS - Alan, you didnt find by any chance some kernel sources?
> >I had a complete collection, but lost 0.99pl13* in a disk crash,
> >only linux13k.tgz survived by some coincidence.
>
> I've browsed the old archives for patches but didn't find many.
> In particular 0.0.2 und 0.0.3 seem to be gone forever :-(
>
> Riley Williams has the most complete kernel archive at
> http://www.MemAlpha.CX/Linux/Kernel/

Thanks for telling me. In fact, when he first asked,
I made my archive available, but he didnt notice right away
and after a few days he had collected almost all the kernels
that I had in my collection. Then I wrote him once more
and he added the last bit, making his collection equal to mine.

I am always looking for missing bits, but disks were small
in those days, and very little survives.
Probably old CDs (or floppies) are the best chance.
[In case anyone has these: I would be interested in old libc
sources as well, say libc-4.4 and earlier.]

Andries