Re: Historical Archive

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 18:13:39 EST

    Any budding historian/archivist want to try to merge the two
    archives together? :-)

Since I have my own archives for the last few years (nowhere as
extensive as others out there) I have a script to do just such a
thing.

I'll snarf down all the archives next week I can get and run it -- it
should weed out any duplicates. I might make it a little smarter to
record things like origin (which archive source it came from) and
also to detect broken messages caused by the horrible unix mailbox
format getting truncated in the wrong places.

Something that has occurred to me, some of my archives I deleted the
spam from, so they are probably not what you would call 'pristine'
condition. I also have a couple of holes 30 messages or so wide form
the last couple of years because I've done dumb things like remove
and old libc without recompiling my local delivery agent. Doh.

  --cw