Information on PCF8584

From: Michael T. Babcock (mikebabcock@pobox.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 15:53:30 EST

I was curious as to what the PCF8584 lm_sensors detected on my
ASUS P3B-F was and found the techinical documentation at:

http://www-us.semiconductors.com/pip/PCF8584P

As this chip does not seem to be in the chips documentation directory
(at least not in the patch for 2.2.x), I figured this might be of value
to someone 'out there'.

The 224k datasheet is available as a link from that page, or directly
at:

http://www-us.semiconductors.com/acrobat/datasheets/PCF8584_4.pdf

I'm not sure if support for this chip's I2C features are most useful to
the lm_sensors group or the kernel group but seeing as both 'shall
become one' at some point (I hope), this seemed moot. I hope this helps
out.

--
       -=+0+=-< Michael T. Babcock >-=+0+=-