Re: sock_recvmsg in Kernel hangs for 10 seconds

From: Lee Chin (leechin@mail.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 14:10:28 EST

Hi,
Thanks for the response...
However, in my case, the Kernel does a

1. sock_sendmsg(... THE REQUEST ...)
2. sock_recvmsg(... THE RESPONSE FROM THE SERVER ...)

I really need the connection open so I can do this in a loop, requesting
various services of the server. When I run the same code in user mode, it
works fine. I have no control over the server (I cant change its code to
close the connection) and also, that is not the protocol in this case.

I would appreciate any advise as I am unfamiliar with these issues.

Sincerely,
Lee