Oops with all versions newer than 2.3.99 pre3

From: f5ibh (f5ibh@db0bm.ampr.org)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 09:57:26 EST

To: "f5ibh" <f5ibh@db0bm.ampr.org>, <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>

Dear Manfred,

Thank you for the answer Manfred, there are not too much guys checking my
problem.

>Which amateur radio kernel drivers do you use? Modules or static?

I use "Z8530 SCC driver". The hardware is a DRSI card, it is an ISA card and
works like a SCC card. I use modules. The loaded modules when the crash (Oops)
occurs are :
Module Size Used by
af_packet 11648 1 (autoclean)
scc 20396 1 (autoclean)
autofs4 11420 1 (autoclean)
unix 16244 18 (autoclean)
serial 41876 1 (autoclean)
ax25 47140 0 (autoclean) [scc]

> call chain:
> do_IRQ
> ->do_softirq
> ->net_tx_action or bh_action [probably net_tx_action]
> ->__kfree_skb
> -> sock_wfree
> -> sock_def_write_space
> and then the wait queue sk->sleep is not initialized//already overwritten.

> could you add debug checks to sock_wfree()?

> /* test copied from <linux/wait.h>*/
> if(sk->sleep->__magic != &(...)) {
> printk("partially initialized sk used!.\n");
> printk("...");
> }

Ermmm ... I'm not sure I understand what you want I do. Where I have to add the
'debug checks to sock_wfree()' ??

> And then we only have to find who allocated the skbuf and the sock
> structure...

----
Regards
    	Jean-Luc