Re: Oops with all versions newer than 2.3.99 pre3

From: Manfred Spraul (manfreds@colorfullife.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 06:14:56 EST

From: "f5ibh" <f5ibh@db0bm.ampr.org>

> After some investigations, I've found the program that trigger the event.
>
> Its name is ulistd. I'm an amateur radio and I use this program to monitor
> unproto frames on the radio link from my system to the local BBS. ulistd
is
> part of a packet radio program called linpac.

Which amateur radio kernel drivers do you use? Modules or static?

call chain:
do_IRQ
->do_softirq
->net_tx_action or bh_action [probably net_tx_action]
->__kfree_skb
-> sock_wfree
-> sock_def_write_space
and then the wait queue sk->sleep is not initialized//already overwritten.

could you add debug checks to sock_wfree()?

/* test copied from <linux/wait.h>*/
if(sk->sleep->__magic != &(...)) {
    printk("partially initialized sk used!.\n");
    printk("...");
}

And then we only have to find who allocated the skbuf and the sock
structure...

--
    Manfred