overwriting of interrupts

From: S. Arun (arun@ee.iitm.ernet.in)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 13:36:46 EST

Hi all,

I am trying to write my own bootloader and I would like to know whether
the kernel, when it boots up, overwrites interrupts before searching for
the ramdisk. More specifically, I am referring to int13h and int19h. i
plan to overwrite int13h so that the ramdisk is found from the hardware
attached to my I/O port before giving the jump to 7c00 where i have
already loaded the first 512 bytes of the kernel. both the kernel +
ramdisk reside on the hardware attached to my I/O port.

PS. I am not on the mailing list, so please Cc to me your replies

Thanks in advance
S. Arun