Re: For Alan Cox ...

From: allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 19:46:45 EST

On 11 May, Jerome Vouillon wrote:
+-----
| - or they explain that the server deliberately blocks ORBS tester
| (try for instance 128.2.102.13).
+--->8

BZZZZT! ORBS is no longer blocked, since they got rid of the "let's
scan 'em DAILY since they don't like the noise we generate" childishness
they used to practice and since we finally convinced certain faculty to
let go of their precious personal wide-open mailservers; but the 102
netblock is unassigned at the moment, as CMU is finally switching from a
mostly-bridged network with a weird-ass "routerbone" setup to true
routing, so the machines formerly on 128.2.102 are now on 128.2.128 and
128.2.129.

Naturally, ORBS doesn't know or care about such things, since they're
oh-so-obviously so absolutely unassailably perfect that it can't
possibly be an issue. Another example of why they're rogue.

--
brandon s. allbery	   os/2,linux,solaris,perl	allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	kthkrb,heimdal,gnome,rt,cyrus	  allbery@ece.cmu.edu