Re: VM performance...

From: Tom Sightler (ttsig@tuxyturvy.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 21:56:43 EST

> Mikael Grahn wrote:
> >
> > To Linus and whoever is resposible for the VM code in the kernel, you
> > should really take a look at the classzone patch. It really works.
>
> Yes, but VMWare dies badly with classzone patch applied to the host
system.
> But i guess this is not Andrea's concern...

Well, I had similar problems with VMWare with Andrea's classzone-25 patch,
but not with classzone-24.

I usually have two VMware sessions, and 128 Mb session running Windows 2000
Advanced Server, and a 48 Mb session with Win 98 + all my standard Linux
apps, the 2.3.99-pre7-6/classzone-24 combo has been perfectly stable over
the last 3 days with this setup.

The same kernel with the classzone-25 patch dies badly with VMware but I
haven't had time to try and determine why.

Later,
Tom