Re: NFS knfsd strange behavior...

From: Robert Dinse (nanook@eskimo.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 22:02:52 EST

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> In SunOS environment, /q/root would be mode 700, but under knfsd
> specifically, this causes mount succeed and _all_ subsequent access
> fail with EPERM (no_root_squash is set). I had to resort to 755 mode
> for /q/root.
>
> In the event, in the Spring of 1999, Trond and others heard my evidence
> and agreed that it was a bug, but I do not think it was ever fixed.
>
> --Pete

     This seems somewhat different.

     If you do an ls -l on the file under SunOS, the permissions are the same
as on the server. The problem is that if you try to open a file for which you
have write access to in a directory for which you do not have write access to,
despite the fact that the file already exists and you have read and search
permissions on the directory, the open fails.