Re: Remote Debugging of Linux Kernel--Help

From: Douglas Kilpatrick (dougk@tislabs.com)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 09:45:08 EST

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Sivakumar Kuppusamy wrote:

> code.(2.2.12-20 RedHat 6.1)

> For that I downloaded a patch from oss.sgi.com ( kgdb2.2.12-20)

That patch has some known issues. I'd sugest the 2.2.14 patch instead,
except I only know that it works for the kernel supplied with Redhat 6.2.

> append="gdb gdbttyS=/dev/ttyS0 gdbbaud=38400

The main issue with the 2.2.12 patch is that it does not correctly parce
the gdbttyS=<> and gdbbaud=<> lines. In fact, it doesn't parce them at
all.

Cable things up so that everything is using the default values, and you
should be able to get it to work. There may be some communication issues
and trapping issues, but I'm not certain about those.

Hope this helps

Doug

--
dougk@tislabs.com