Re: How is CONFIG_MODVERSIONS and MODVERSIONS related?

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 03:05:09 EST

On Sun, 07 May 2000 09:17:02 +0200,
"Peter 'Luna' Runestig" <peter+linux-kernel@runestig.com> wrote:
>Keith Owens wrote:
>> On Sat, 06 May 2000 21:45:12 +0200,
>> "Peter 'Luna' Runestig" <peter+linux-kernel@runestig.com> wrote:
>> >My real problem is that I can't get pcmcia-cs-3.1.14 to compile
>>
>> Insufficient data. Saying "it does not compile" is useless without the
>> compiler command and its error messages.
>
>Did you read my posting, that wasn't even my question. If someone could
>tell me why "linux/modversions.h" is included when MODVERSIONS is _not_
>defined, I'll figure the rest of it out.

Of course I read it. First you said that you did not understand why
linux/modversions.h is included. Then you said that your real problem
was an inability to compile pcmcia. But the code you complained about
in modules.h has been there for years and works perfectly for everybody
else. So modules.h is not your real problem, it is either incorrect
parameters to gcc or missing symlinks. Either way, you provided
insufficent data to solve your real problem. modules.h is correct.