Re: pre7-4 to pre7-6 breaks VMWare module build

From: John Cavan (john.cavan@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 20:32:28 EST

It's an easy fix actually. I did it at work (they make me run Outlook...
*sigh*) and it impacts 2 files in the supplied module code by VMWare.

The first file is in vmmon.tar, driver.c, and needs to reflect the
changes to the doubly linked list. Simple to do. The second file is in
vmnet.tar (I can't remember the name) and needs to reflect the changes
to the net device name. In both cases, it is a single line in one file
and not a big deal to fix. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact details
with me because I'm at home... and I don't have to run Outlook here. :o)

By the way, once the fixes are made, I have to say VMWare has never run
better. All the disk churning that Windows likes to do seems to be much
speedier, providing less impact to the rest of the system where I
actually do my work. Now only if I could get them to dump Outlook.

John