Re: Does the list reject mails with attachments?

From: Jamie Lokier (lk@tantalophile.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 16:11:37 EST

Marc Lehmann wrote:
> > Works reliably here - is there an exploder mangling mail perhaps ?
> > Or is this only seen on digets
>
> Only on digests. It is not easy to concatenate mime mails without a
> program who knows about mime ;)

There's no need for the program to know about mime -- unless you
actually want to produce mime format digests :)

The current digest format could handle attachments just fine, if it
included the Content-* headers with each message. For people who split
those up using procmail, the attachments on each message would work.
This I recommend, if you have hacking permission on vger :-)

Mime format digests are another thing entirely, much more complicated
but allow people who don't use procmail to read the attachments, if
their mailer is advanced enough to handle nested mime structure.

have a nice day,
-- Jamie