portmapper dies on 2.2.15 ??

From: Homme R. Bitter (homme@xs4all.nl)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 12:17:02 EST

Hi there,

Somewhere in the 2.2.15pre tree, portmapper started dying on me when I
started up NFS daemons.
Both KNFSD and user space NFS kill the portmapper, the problem still
exists in 2.2.15
I have a redhat install, I tried recompiling the 4.0-19 srpm of
portmapper, the 6.2 srpm of nfs-utils, the user space nfsserv-2.2beta47-11
srpm, all to no avail.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'd really like to be able to do NFS
exports on this machine again, I'm deprived of music and sources on all my
boxes right now.

Regards,

--
Homme R. Bitter

*NIX admin, BOFH, MCSE, parttime divine entity. ---------------------------draw-conclusion-here------------------------ Up-down, not across

(S) This signature is swingware, I let you use mine if you let me use yours.....