Re: Linux 2.2.16pre2 isolated cdrom bootup module block device error!

From: M Sweger (mikesw@whiterose.net)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 08:28:55 EST

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

> Your script opens all the devices in turn so it will try and load them - this is correct.

I didn't write the script. It came with Doslinux.

The point I'm trying to make is if you select KMOD in the kernel
configuration menu under module loading one gets (or I get) the
aforementioned errors on bootup. It doesn't cause any problems. It's
just annoying. If I don't select KMOD, I get no errors.

Since the script is trying to find which /dev CD device to use for
my CD, is it correct then to say I can't find the module to load
(using KMOD) versus just skipping it. The answer is probably yes...
What do you think? If this is so, then why isn't the output going
to >/dev/null as written?