Re: linux networking modules...

From: Rajagopal Ananthanarayanan (ananth@sgi.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 01:27:11 EST

"Raj, Ashok" wrote:

> Hello.
>
> could someone tell me how the networking NIC drivers get loaded?
>
> iam guessing that the alias field in /etc/conf.modules
>
> alias eth0 eepro100
>
> but i dont know how the ifconfig eth0 would have the module preloaded for
> use. Is this documented somewhere?

You can always compile a kernel with the ethernet driver
configured into it. Look for "EtherExpressPro/100 support"
under " Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit) ---> "
under "Network device support ---> " in make menuconfig/xconfig.
And choose "Y" instead of "M".

Even if you have it as a module the init.d scripts
should load the module automatically upon boot.