/proc/PID lockup under 2.3.99 pre7-pre3

From: Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 00:02:10 EST

I had a situation yesterday where a processes task_lock (apparently)
wouldn't get released. That, of course, caused every single access to
/proc/PID/any_file to lock up.

There were no debug messages; everything that didn't scan the process
list worked perfectly.

Scanning through the sources, I didn't see any obvious reason why
anything should leave that lock set. Any ideas?

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/