Re: [WARNING] devfs mount default changed

From: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen (rask-linux@kampsax.k-net.dk)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 12:08:28 EST

Den 02-Maj-00 02:09:44 skrev Richard Gooch fĝlgende om "Re: [WARNING] devfs mount default changed":
>Rask Ingemann Lambertsen writes:
>> Den 30-Apr-00 21:02:40 skrev Richard Gooch fĝlgende om "[WARNING] devfs
>> mount default changed":
>>
>> >If this is not present, add "devfs=mount" to your boot options.
>>
>> And do it while you can still boot the old kernel if you use
>> LILO, since devfs=mount at the LILO prompt is a no-op (at least as
>> far as devfs is concerned), as I found out the hard way.

>I don't understand what you mean.

   It has to go into your lilo.conf, e.g. append="devfs=mount", for some
reason I don't understand.

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen | E-mail: mailto:rask@kampsax.dtu.dk |
| Please do NOT Cc: to me or the | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/ |
| mailing list. I am on the list.| "ThrustMe" on XPilot, ARCnet and IRC |
| Eight out of every five people are math illiterates. |