Re: classzone-VM + mapped pages out of lru_cache

From: Shane Shrybman (shrybman@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 10:42:02 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Craig Kulesa wrote:

>... the classzone-18 patch has caused _innumerable_ lockups of my
>machine -- all of them relating to mail programs so far. Both 'pine'
>(ver 4.21) and 'mutt' cause very reproduceable and _instantaneous_ hard
>lockups if I attempt to expunge messages from the mail spool or compose a
>new message. A simple test, editing a file from pine's editor 'pico'
>(ver 3.7) caused a lockup upon writing the output file.
>
>No oopses, no messages, just instant death[TM].

I tried classzone18 with pre7-3 and got similar results. Big performance
improvements but, I also experience lockups. No oops or messages were
recorded. I am unable to pin it down to a particular event, moving
windows around in X seems to lock the machine. I am using XFree4.0 if it
matters.

I have placed my config and bzImage at:

        http://zeke.yi.org/linux/2.3.99p7.3-cz18/

Cheers,