Re: Possible TCP Problem with RH6.2 talking to Solaris2.6/2.7 (fwd)

From: Jes Sorensen (Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 09:06:04 EST

>>>>> "Shane" == shane <shane@bratnet.net> writes:

Shane> Well my linux rmem_max is set to 64K, why should I make this
Shane> more than 64K, that is when the maxwindow size is on the
Shane> solaris side Right?

It's the socket buffer limit != the window size. The window size is
normally set to half the socket buffer size.

Shane> Anyway, what value do you think I should try in these
Shane> registers?

262144 or something like that - *only* in the max fields, *not* in the
default ones.

Jes