Re: IDE spin_lock bug

From: Tom Leete (tleete@mountain.net)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 01:43:39 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After browsing through Rusty's locking guide today, it occured to
> me that IDE violates the _irqsave rule of passing flags
> to a different function which does the restoring. The easy solution
> is to inline ide_spin_wait_hwgroup.

If you want to inline that you should probably move the
definition into the header. It's called in
drivers/ide/ide-disk.c too.

Since we have EXPORT_SYMBOL(ide_spin_wait_hwgroup), we also
get a linkable copy. The inlining fix won't change that one.

That makes three copies, with the current one unchanged.

Tom