Spontaneous reboots with pre7-1

From: David Bronaugh (dbronaugh@linuxhelp.bc.ca)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 21:33:57 EST

OK, this is the problem: pre6 and below were fine on my machine, pre7-1
spontaneously reboots.
My hardware is:
Via 82c586/596 based motherboard using the experimental IDE drivers
AMD K6-2 500 processor
128mb ram
20gb IBM HD
(misconfiguration) ide-scsi cdrom without scsi emulation support loaded

2 spontaneous reboots have occurred in that many days, one after loading
smbfs then starting samba, the other while optimizing a table in mysql.
I suspect this has to do with the changes in the VM code which fixed the
huge swap leak...

David Bronaugh