Keyboard bug/problem.

From: Nick Clifford (nickc@m2tech.co.nz)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 19:59:33 EST

Heya all,

I"m developing a kinda strange system, and one thing it requires is a
"remote" keyboard. As in the keyboard is on another machine, and the
keyboard scancodes come down the ethernet as UDP packets.
I've created a module that allows a userlevel program to insert
scancodes into the kernel kerboard code, so its all working ok.

Except occasionaly, especially when a lot of keys are being pushed, the
machine gets in a state where no keys work. (except SAK). I *think* this
has something todo with lost packets, and thusly missing scancodes. I
imagine its something like a keyup code not being received, so the
kernel sits there waiting for it.

Does anyone who is familiar with the keyboard code know what will happen
if a scancode is "lost", and if so, what modifications I can do so that
the kernel is more resiliant to these loses?

Any help would be apreciated,
Thanks,
Nick