Is there a way to make the new Yenta stuff, when built as modules, more backward compatible with old initialization files?

From: Miles Lane (miles@speakeasy.org)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 02:20:31 EST

When I build PCMCIA support as a module, I get the following
error at boot time:

        May 2 16:09:13 spot kernel: ds: no socket drivers loaded!

If I then load the various PCMCIA/Cardbus drivers by hand,
it works.

I am wondering whether it might make sense to change how things
are loaded such that old initialization files would "just work"
when the new Yenta stuff gets built as modules.

IIRC, the fix for this problem is modifying either the init files
or the modules.conf so that the support drivers get loaded
automatically.

        Miles