Re: [patch] 3c59x.c

From: Thomas Molina (tmolina@home.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 15:27:36 EST

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Eight people reported problems with the changes to this driver
> in 2.3.99-pre6. One was a victim of a documentation bug, one had his
> eth0 and eth1 swapped around by the new PCi scanning code. This patch
> fixes three and I have not yet heard from
> the other three.
>
> Patch against 2.3.99-pre7-1 is at
> http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/3c59x-2.3.99-pre7-1-1-patch.gz
>
> Changelog
> http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/3c59x-2.3-changelog-30-apr-00.txt
>
> Entire driver
> http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/3c59x.c-2.3.99-pre7-1-1.gz

I used the entire driver as a drop in replacement for 3c59x.c in my
pre7-1 kernel. I'm currently testing it by downloading an iso image on
one computer as well as masquerading interface for the other computers
in my home lan. dmesg reports:

3c59x.c:v0.99L+LK1.1.5 30 Apr 2000 Donald Becker and others
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html $Revision:
1.78 $
eth1: 3Com PCI 3c900 Boomerang 10baseT at 0xec00, 00:10:4b:b3:8a:92,
IRQ 11
  8K word-wide RAM 3:5 Rx:Tx split, autoselect/10baseT interface.
  Enabling bus-master transmits and whole-frame receives.

The only anomaly I notice is what seems to be a large number of
collisions reported by ifconfig as compared to the old interface. This
is only a subjective evaluation. I'll run it for a few days and try to
get hard numbers.