RFD: Linux file systems

From: ejc (eli.carter@inet.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 12:40:54 EST

(Request For Documentation :) )

Greetings,

Does anyone have some good pointers to docs regarding implementing
filesystems under Linux 2.2.x?
Documentation/filesystems/vfs.txt has been helpful in a high-level
(Thanks Richard!), but mainly whetted my appetite for more
documentation. :) I've been trying to determine more detail of what
each function is [conceptually] supposed to do (and the locks it may or
may not take) from the implementation of ext2 and others, but that's
been fairly slow going.

TIA,

Eli

--
--------------------. "To the systems programmer, users and applications
Eli Carter          | serve only to provide a test load."