Re: Kernel Debugging

From: George Anzinger (george@pioneer.net)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 05:57:26 EST

Douglas Kilpatrick wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, George Anzinger wrote:
>
> > I assume that the connection to the SysRq key was done because the ^C
> > did not work. Right? Sure would like to get ^C to work. Any hints?
>
> No. It causes an attach, not a break. It lets you boot normally then
> decide to attach a debugger later rather than only at boot time.
>
> ^C works for me with my patch. I think it was the Tigran changes I
> re-added.

Oh! I missed that. In my version I eliminated the whole setup call.
The only call needed is to turn on the interrupt handler. All the other
set up is either done at link time or the serial port is configured on
the first call to the character routines. I fix the baud rate and I/O
address at config time.

George