Re: smbfs makes directory unusable in 2.2.15pre ...

From: Urban Widmark (urban@svenskatest.se)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 05:06:48 EST

On 30 Apr 2000 covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:

> Sorry for the oversight, I am using kernel 2.2.15pre10 and samba
> version 2.06a. Sorry for the mixup, I guess this was because smbfs
> came in the samba package.

I do not know of a 2.0.6a version, 2.0.5a or 2.0.6? There is a 2.0.7
version out now, you may want to try that.

> Umount has no effect on this problem.

Can you umount?
If you can, what happens when you mount it again?
Do you have a mount.smbfs or smbmount process running while it is working?
Is it gone when it stops working?
Do you get any messages from the kernel when the problem starts?

/Urban