Adaptec AIC-7815 RAID IC

From: Ed Boraas (ed@concordia.ab.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 14:37:28 EST

Hi, all.

As I understand it, support for the AIC-7815 (found on many of adaptec's
hardware RAID controllers, including the AAA-131U2) is not present in the
existing 2.2 or 2.3 kernels. Are there any plans to incorporate support for
this chip or anything in the 781* family? I've been moving a lot of machines
to linux lately, but we're kinda stuck on the machines with hardware RAID,
since we use Adaptec cards here. Switching to Mylex cards is unfortunately
just not feasible.

Has anybody tried to write drivers? Are there any specs on this chip that
are available, or any other starting points I could look into?

Thanks in advance,
Ed Boraas