Delaying eth0 Initialization

From: Sujit Vaidya (svaidya75@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 10:54:37 EST

 Hi,
    I have installed Red Hat 5.1 on my 486 machine.
It boots up fine with linux kernel and communicates
well with the network through eth0.
    Now I compiled the kernel with a prink statement
in the /net/ipv4/ip_input.c file. Now when i boot the
compiled kernel it says while booting

 Delaying eth0 initialization.

 If you try ifconfig eth0 interface doesn't show up.
 I have 3com 3c59x card

 Any suggestions

 SUJIT