Re: kswap consume a lot of cpu.

From: Dr. Kelsey Hudson (kernel@blackhole.compendium-tech.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 16:22:27 EST

[..]

> This is on a dual Pentium II. I have just made an upgrade to 2.3.99pre6,
>
> but I have seen it for while now. Is this realy the way it should be?
> It's the cp of a big file on ext2 filesystem that causes the kswapd to
> use 77% CPU. But any heavy disk usage gives the same result.

Do you have slow IDE drives? Or a small amount of swap space? or unusually
large partitions? any of those can cause kswapd to act up. If that doesnt
fix it then you should kick your computer, cause kicking it will alwayus
fix it. :)

 Kelsey Hudson khudson@ctica.com
 Software Engineer
 Compendium Technologies, Inc (619) 725-0771