system/platform defines

From: Dunlap, Randy (randy.dunlap@intel.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 14:58:13 EST

Hi,

I'm trying to correct something, so I'm looking for
the correct way to detect the target system/platform
in source code at compile time.

I'm not (currently) interested in bus config defines (like
PCI, MCA, etc.), just processor/platform configs.

In some cases this is supplied by a config.in file;
in others it is supplied by gcc.

Here's what I've found so far. I've probably missed a
few.

If there is a place (or file) that lists all of these,
or you can correct or add to these, please let me know.

alpha: __alpha__
arm: CONFIG_ARM
i386: CONFIG_X86
ia64: CONFIG_IA64