Re: Linux Jobs as of 2.3.99pre6-5

From: Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 01:33:21 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> AIC7xxx doesnt work non PCI ?

Shouldn't be a problem in 2.3 since it is based on 5.1.25 renumbered to
5.2.0. With 5.1.26 the 7770 controllers got broke. I fixed that tonight
thanks to the help of Mike Isley. The 5.1.29 version of the driver is
undergoing final testing now and will solve that problem. I've also fixed the
Western Digital drives and several other problems with the 5.1.29 version of
the driver. I'll be forward porting all of my changes between 5.1.25 and
5.1.29 shortly thereafter.

> PIII FXSAVE/FXRESTORE support

Once I've got a few other things done, I've got a few more touch ups to do to
this code, then it can be forward ported to 2.3/2.4 (the current code is 2.2
based). Ingo has already forward ported it, but that code needs a few updates
to be correct :-(

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> http://people.redhat.com/dledford Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before e-mailing me about problems