Re: signal question

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 14:24:21 EST

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> stupid question:
>
> why is linux's behaviour on signals different from other systems ?
> (linux resets the signal handler to the default after a signal
> was received.)
>
> wouldn't it be better to go the normal way (=> not resetting the
> sighandlers, just like othe unices)
>
> bye,
> ew.

It depends if you have BSD_SIGNALS defined. Last time I checked
signal()'s behavior in the 'C' runtime library can be configured.

If you use the more modern sigaction(), you can define its
behavior any way you want. New programs should use sigaction().

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

Penguin : Linux version 2.3.41 on an i686 machine (800.63 BogoMips).