Re: No SIGIO for fifos in the file system? (gpm vs. xfree86-4.0)

From: Chris Meadors (clubneon@hereintown.net)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 07:28:41 EST

The oddest thing I found was after a reconfiguration of XFree4 my mouse
started working again. I then started about modifying my XF86Config back
to the way it was and then my mouse stopped again. So I started taking
out the differences one setting at a time. It turned out to be the
DefaultDepth setting. Setting it to 24 kept my mouse from showing up, but
16 and lower work fine. This is with a 3DFX Voodoo 3, my Matrox G400 at
home is uneffected. Sounds like a bug in the xserver not the kernel or
anything else gpm related.

Of course there probally is more than 1 problem at work here, and gpm
could be one of them.