Re: Oops in 2.3.99-pre6-5

From: Juan J. Quintela (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 09:14:18 EST

>>>>> "t" == t n vanderleeuw <t.n.vanderleeuw@chello.nl> writes:

t> Hello,
t> The Oops you posted here, is virtually indentical to the one which I
t> and others are getting in the initscript that shuts down xfs-tt on
t> Debian.

t> In your case it's top which tries to read a process command line, in
t> the case of Debian's xfs-tt initscript it's trying to cat the command
t> line of the fontserver.

t> I'm not surprised to see that the same problem appears with top,
t> because top is also likely to read the info from a process which is
t> just quitting. I wonder what change will have caused this bug to appear!

Hi

The patch from Manfred Spraul <manfreds@colorfullife.com> solves that
problem here. See the thread: Re: Oops with 2.3.99pre6 (pre3), procfs
related ?.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy