IPTABLES problem

From: Fausto Saporito (fausap@unina.it)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 12:55:11 EST

Hello all,

i have some problems about IPTABLES and NAT.
I'm using the masquerade option of NAT, but it doesn't work. I read the linux
2.4 NAT HOWTO by Rusty Russel, and I think all is configured ok. Somebody
did try it with 2.3.99-pre5?

To enable masquerading I'm using

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

and I have my LAN as 192.168.21.0

I traced the packets with tcpdump on eth0 and ppp0, but on the ppp interface I
see no packets.

any idea?

PS
there is a mailing list for the iptables?

thanks,
fausto