network problem (probably with eepro100) in 2.3.99-pre5?

From: ying@almaden.ibm.com
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 10:40:09 EST

Hi,

I don't know if other people have experienced the same problem. I have seen
problems with 2.3.99-pre5 with
probably eepro100 drivers. When Linux boots up, I got message like "eth0:
card reports no RX buffers". Then none of
my network cards was brought up. I have 3 nics in my system, 2 eepro100 and
1 acenic. The two eepr100 cards are eth0 and eth1
respectively and eth2 is acenic. They all appear to initialize fine from
dmesg or log. If I logon and do a network restart, all the cards
can still be brought up fine. I have no clue why during the boot time, they
won't start. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ying