Bad pmd in pte_alloc: cfd41af0

From: Vinny (vinny@xaymaca.com)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 09:46:37 EST

Hello,
I have a server that has been having some problems
since moving to 2.2.14smp via RH 6.2.
I wont bore you with my story but the machine
only run properly booting from the rescue floppy.
Today I got the following message:

kernel: Bad pmd in pte_alloc: cfd41af0
kernel: VM: killing process mysqld

More details:
I have a SuperMicro P6DBE (Dual Pentium 550)
and for some reason Linux can only detect 64M
of RAM. So when I boot from the floppy everything runs right
but I'm not using the memory that I paid for. This morning
I rebooted the server using
linux mem=256M
and I soon got that error.
I just want to mention that we have been hving problems
with kernel crashes and "not synching" errors from
kswapper, swapper and slocate before using the floppy.

--
Vincent Stoessel-vinny@blendermania.com
Xaymaca Studios http://www.blendermania.com