Re: 2.2.15pre19 and screen

From: G. Hugh Song (hugh@lucia.kjist.ac.kr)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 21:44:05 EST

Philippe Troin wrote:
> I was going to report this as a problem with screen. It appears I have
> the same problem. I get the "pause" though even when doing an "ls" or
> in an irc session.

I am sorry. I do not know how to strace. I just want to comment that
this pause happens on a nfs-mounted file system (only or mostly).
It happens on 2.2.15pre18-19. Unfortunately, Alan Cox did not
post the ChangeLog for those two pre-patch versions. We really
do not know what has changed.

By looking at the content of the 2.2.15pre18 patch file, I checked
that there were some nfs-related patches, which I liked very much
because I had been having nfs-mount permission failure errors
very often.

Best regards to all.

G. Hugh Song