Still hitting incredibly slow loopback/network bug in 2.3.99-pre5 build

From: kenbo@iris.com
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 10:45:32 EST

Hi all,

     I'm still seeing an issue with response on bringing up loopback and
eth0 - it took over 5 minutes to get past these 2 and then all of a sudden
everything started going full speed. I also noticed that this kernel seems
to be doing something different with the clock on my system - running with
the 2.2.x kernel the clock was set/showing at 11am and when I rebooted with
the new kernel the clock lost an hour. One other thing I've been seeing
with the 2.3.x kernel since around the 2.3.46 or so version is that my
system only stays up for 30-50 minutes and then it reboots and I'm not
seeing any errors in the normal logging facilities. So, any ideas on what
I can do next to debug these issues? I'm running on a Dual CPU NetFinity
5500 with 1Gb Ram, IBM ServRaid running Raid5, and it has the onboard AMD
PcNet32 ethernet. I just tested the pre5 kernel and it locks up my system
after about 20minutes. Thanks!

kenbo